This is no April Fools joke. Quake2World will officially enter Public BETA status on 4/1/2012. Here's a quick list of what's been accomplished over the past few months:
- Quake3 player models and animation system featuring Tabun's qforcer model
- Bump mapping on mesh models
- Glossmaps (specular map) support for world surfaces and mesh models
- Graphical menus via AntTweakBar
- Client-game module (cgame) similar to Quake3 with moddable HUD, scoreboard, etc.
- Penumbral Wake, Gehenna, and In the Arms of Lilith have been reworked with new lighting and details
- The Blaster has made a triumphant return
- Numerous stability fixes on all platforms
And more to come! Click through for screenshots and video.
Join us in #quetoo on irc.freenode.net to find out more or get involved.