We're pleased to announce that Quake2World is officially in beta. Head to the Downloads page to get your copy. Here's what's included in our first public release..
- 6 high-quality levels from the likes of Jester, Panjoo, CardO, TRaK and dfsp_spirit
- Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, and Instagib gameplay modes
- 10 familiar weapons, drawing heavily on our Quake II roots
- Tabun's QForcer player model featuring 9 skins
Here's a list of major known issues:
- Special keys (arrows, shift, etc) can not yet be bound conveniently through the in-game menus
- Player movement on stairs and under water is sometimes quirky
A full list of known issues can be viewed here.
We hope you enjoy the beta, and invite you to join us in #quetoo on irc.freenode.net.