Poll

What platform would you run Quetoo on if it was on Steam?:

alpha: Alter Ego for q2w

December 25, 2008 - 15:14pm

Here's the first alpa of my next q2w map. As you may have guessed, it's a tourney map aimed at some serious 1vs1 action. It's named 'Alter Ego'.

Here's the download link to the pak (~ 9 MB):
http://airrocket.net/~spirit/4weeks/map-alterego-alpha1.pak

Copy the file to your quake2world/default/ directory and play the map by typing 'map alterego' in the q2w in-game console.

Comments welcome (here or in the IRC channel). Thanks for testing it!

April 30, 2009 - 09:08am

Ok, playtesting is done. I'm starting the texturing now. Click here for an early screenie of the map.

May 04, 2009 - 14:51pm

I don't really like this q3 texture in q2w :)
And btw where can I get this one?

May 05, 2009 - 13:39pm

Hm, you're the first who says that and I really love them. To each their own I guess. :) They are from Tremulous btw.

There's no download for that map atm and it'll take me some more days till a pak is ready. Only the room on that screenie is (halfway) ready. The rest of the map has like three textures and is pitch black atm.

May 04, 2009 - 18:50pm

Hm, to that point, we really do want to select higher-res textures than Q3 sets, Spirit. Might I suggest QRP, any custom Q4 sets, or some of the Free ones used in Sauerbraten?

May 05, 2009 - 13:34pm

Hmm, as I said on the channel, I'll have a look at the sauerbraten sets.

I only know of two Quake4 texture sets and though they are technically ok they are incomplete and not my taste at all.

And I didn't like the look of Quake 1 at all. I'm sick of those brown models, maps and textures.