Poll

What platform would you run Quetoo on if it was on Steam?:

Problem with compiling

April 25, 2012 - 09:20am

Hey! Found this game some while ago, but forgot about it. Now saw the news on ESR and tried it out again, it did a big jump forward, nice job guys! Now I'm trying to create a small 1on1 map for the game, but I'm running into problems from the very start.

As the topic says, I have a problem with compiling the map. I use Ingar's build of the NetRadiant editor with gamepath set to: C:/Program Files/quake2world. The map get's saved in C:/Program Files/quake2world/default/maps under the name prdm1.map. Now If I run the build-in NetRadiant compiler I get:

"Failed to execute following command: q2wmap -bsp -vis -light "C:/Program Files/quake2world/default/maps/prdm1.map" Check that the file exists and that you don't run out of system resources"

If I run the q2wmap.exe trough cmd with:

cd C:/Program Files/quake2world/
q2wmap -bsp -vis -light maps/prdm1.map

The window of q2wmap opens and I think some values are printed but it closes in less than 1 second without any response. No new files are generated.

Anyone has a solution for this problem?

Thanks!

April 28, 2012 - 04:46am

If I can't make it on IRC when you are online I atleast can provide you with information about my rig:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 9600GT (512MB VRAM)
RAM: 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800
NetRadiant: Ingar's build of the NetRadiant taken from this website.
Installation: Quake2World: C:\Program Files\quake2world\ | NetRadiant: C:\Program Files\NetRadiant Quake2World\

My Windows is up to date same with Quake2World. My GFX-Card drivers are the last ones that were programmed priarly for the 9000-Series, newer ones cause huge drops in games like Quake Live/Warsow and UT2k4.

April 26, 2012 - 13:35pm

You're the second person to report bugs with q2wmap on Windows. Could you pop into the IRC channel and we'll try to get it sorted out? #quetoo on Freenode. Cheers!

Jay

April 27, 2012 - 08:19am

Will try to do that during the week end. I'm from Germany (GMT+2) so I dunno when I should show up tough.

April 29, 2012 - 15:25pm

Someone who can help you will be there -- there are over 25 people there at all times.