Poll

What platform would you run Quetoo on if it was on Steam?:

missing file GL/gl.h

February 03, 2010 - 15:29pm

Hello,

I started another try to compile q2w on OS X (maybe the old problems are now fixed?), but this time I got a nerror from the configure command:
checking GL/gl.h usability... no
checking GL/gl.h presence... no
checking for GL/gl.h... no
configure: error: Couldn't find GL/gl.h, please install OpenGL

It seems to be missing a file. IS this normal?

November 25, 2010 - 18:50pm

It works finally on OS X. Well done!

February 04, 2011 - 01:49am

You're welcome! I've become quite the Mac fan myself lately :)

February 05, 2010 - 13:17pm

I think the missing files are libgl headers that you need to install on your system. They are not files that are supposed to come with q2w.

I don't know a thing about MaxOS but if you were on linux, I'd tell you to install libgl-dev. Don't know if that helps you.

February 08, 2010 - 14:58pm

Hey spirit,

thanks for your reply. There isn't such a packet called "libgl" in my packet manager here on OS X, but I think I got it already. I think the problem might be that it is in an unusual directory and the compiler can't find it there. I got it in:
/usr/X11/include/GL
and
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/usr/X11/include/GL

Usually I would try to edit the makefile to specify this path, but in case of quake2world I don't know where?

February 11, 2010 - 15:57pm

Hey SquiSHeR, did you follow the Mac OS X installation how to on the Installation and Maintenance page? The URL is http://quake2world.net/books/documentation/installation-maintenance

The variable CPPFLAGS has a argument for including the headers in /usr/X11/include/ so GL/GH.h should be accessible by the configure script.

BTW check out the output of ./configure --help for additional configuration parameters. (Quake2World uses autotools which dynamically generates a makefile for a specific system.)

February 12, 2010 - 10:10am

Hello winstonw,

yes I know the OS X howto but you are right I messed it up. I think I forgot to use the configure parameters.
But I'm still getting an error from the make command:

ld: duplicate symbol _qglActiveTexture in client/.libs/libclient.a(libclient_la-cl_main.o) and client/.libs/libclient.a(libclient_la-cl_console.o)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [quake2world] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Would be so cool if we could fix it. I am looking forward so much to join you in q2w.

SquiSHeR

February 12, 2010 - 23:38pm

A shot in the dark, you may need to make clean and start building from scratch again using make.

February 14, 2010 - 04:44am

I tried but it doesn't work. Thank you anyway for the help. I guess I will just have to wait until someone fixes the error. Unfortunately I don't know C. :(