Poll

What platform would you run Quetoo on if it was on Steam?:

64-Bit Windows 7 ??

February 17, 2011 - 13:34pm

Has anyone compiled this yes for 64 bit Windows 7?? Or gotten the 32-bit version to run correctly?? Quake2World Loads for me, but the Menu dissapears right after it loads...

February 21, 2011 - 22:00pm

The menus are a little hosed at the moment; it's not a Windows 7 thing. You should be able to get to the console just fine, tho, and you can even tab-complete the map names and things to get acquainted with the game.

Welcome to the forum!

February 21, 2011 - 22:03pm

Oh, also, .. compiling it on Windows isn't *too* bad, but it requires a lot of libraries and this thing called MSYS (it's like MinGW on steroids). Let me know if you'd really like to go down that road and I'll hook you up.

February 22, 2011 - 13:23pm

I already have MSYS installed on my system, so if you want to send the info I will give it a run...And it's not a windows 7 issue, it seems to be a 64-bit issue. I tested it on a fresh install of windows 7 32-bit, and it works fine. A fresh install of windows 7 64-bit, menu is flaky. I did find as you mentioned that once you get to the console and then call up the menu, it works, just the mouse is a little low on clicking Shtuff!! Could you just load the menu background as a map and make each of the buttons, etc entities to "Shoot"?? Just thinking outloud, not really sure what the code look like for it as I don't have it yet :-)

P.S. I couldn't remember my old password, so I had to create a new account, lol. Weeee!!

February 22, 2011 - 14:43pm

You can pull the code down at svn://quake2world.net/quake2world/trunk. There's a shell script in there that installs (in theory) all of our dependencies inside of your MSYS environment. It has not been tested in a while and is definitely somewhat dated. I'm actually looking to update or do away with that script in the near future, as MSYS / MinGW now offers a "package manager" called ming-get. But that's probably a weekend-long project..

I can reset your PermaFragBait password if you like..

February 23, 2011 - 10:01am

Yeah, I tried running that script yesterday and it hosed my MSys install...It looks like it deleted all the executables in the bin directory, so i couldn't even ls anymore :-) I am working on rebuilding it, and I am documenting the steps as I go, starting with installing SVN, etc....If you want, I can see about throwing it into a shell script, and sending it over so you don't have to hose your environment to do your testing...

September 17, 2011 - 04:26am

the latest q2wdevenv will work fine.

February 22, 2011 - 14:47pm

PermaFragBait works fine, it's my old Jefe login that I can't figure out. I think I set that up with my old work e-mail from sasaki, so I can't even reset it!! :-)

February 22, 2011 - 16:41pm

Password is now our old clan name, all lowercase.