Poll

What platform would you run Quetoo on if it was on Steam?:

wtf

October 22, 2008 - 14:45pm

so, i just tried q2w, and everything is really cool and gr8, but, WHATS UP WITH THE MOVEMENT ?! :O i thought it was supposed to be a fast paced movement, not a "i-bump-into-walls-all-the-time-movement" ! i think many ppl would come from qw and cpm to q2w if the movement were more qw or cpm, you know bunnyjumping all directions and turn however you want.
but still, the movement wasnt sooo fucked up but.. sry guys. disapointment.. but everything else was just cool. i guess i will get used to the movement but really, it isnt a fast movement.
no offense devs! sry if i hurt somebody, didnt mean to. i just thought i should say what i thought.
btw, when are some weapon models coming :) ? i'd love to see some weapons :p
ty

October 22, 2008 - 15:07pm

No offense but I've played cpm quite a bit and though I absolutely agree that the movement in q2w ain't the same as in cpm, I really wouldn't say that it's worse. It's different, but I really like it. Give it another try, will ya?

--
spirit

October 22, 2008 - 15:04pm

I'm confused; it's not fast, but you were over-stepping into walls frequently? The movement may receive some minor tweaks before the 1.0 release, but it is basically complete at this point. Maybe you never played Quake2?

More weapons and textures are coming when people volunteer to work on them. Is that something you're willing and able to help with?

Quake2World
http://quake2world.net

October 25, 2008 - 05:58am

actually i have played q2 alot :) i have allso play aq2 alot :) i know its a work in progress but i just thought i would say what i thought about it, since im mostly from qw and cpm, they have allways been my favourites, but hey - i didnt mean to be rude :) im just so used to qw and cpm so.. but, i will probably learn the q2w movement :)

about the weapons, i dont know if you were sarcastic when you asked if i was willing to help, but actually i am :) 2 bad, i dont have any clue how to make a weapon model, but i can give ideas :p
i must say im really looking forward to this game.

October 25, 2008 - 10:32am

I doubt that he was being sarcastic. To create a weapon model, you'll need to learn to use a 3D modeling application. Blender is very good and free, it also has some good documentation. Takes a bit to learn it though.

Feel free to join us in #quetoo on chat.freenode.net (you can also post links to your idea sketches for weapons in that channel, of course).

--
spirit