Poll

What platform would you run Quetoo on if it was on Steam?:

Where are you getting these textures from?

December 21, 2008 - 08:11am

I've seen several of my textures in use, a lot of other guys work as well, that were made exclusively for Quake II Evolved and nothing else, at least not without asking permission first. I know you use Gen Arena models in screenshots and have permission for those, but nobody has sent any of us any mails or anything...?

Just asking, that’s all. You can use them; I just want to know where you got them from in the first place seeing as the download link was taken down a while back? If it’s legal, it should have a readme file in the .zip with all our contact emails and names etc on it.

Any info guys?

Gavin Stevens
Lead Designer, Team Blur
www.teamblurgames.com

December 21, 2008 - 21:20pm

Yeah, I got all the textures used in the q2dm3 remake from a pack mirrored on the page jdolan linked above. I was aware that several textures were originally from quake2evolved, and as such, I made sure to credit the quake2evolved team in the readme included in the pak.

As far as I know, the texture pack that I downloaded did not have any license information in it, but if I had access to a more detailed list of contributors and contact info, I'd gladly add their names to the readme.

I apologize for the confusion, I should have contacted you before making the map public in order to clear any possible license issues. That said, if there's any sort of problem with the inclusion of some textures in the q2dm3 remake, just let me know and I'll replace them as soon as possible.

December 22, 2008 - 06:48am

Not at all. "The Q2E team" will be more than enough as they were made for us, by us. Don't worry, I've had these turn up in retail games and all sorts, not fun when you see a list of texture artists as long as your arm working on something with no credit to everybody else. :p

December 22, 2008 - 12:32pm

Understandable. I've updated the blog post with an unmistakable credit and a link to Q2E. Thanks for allowing us (and others) to use these!

December 21, 2008 - 08:50am

TRaK could give a more definite answer, but I think they probably came from http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jimw/q2/index.htm. I've no idea what, if any, documentation and attribution accompanies those archives. If you can provide me with proper credits, I'd love to update the blog posting as well as the bundled documentation that we provide with the level.

Aside from the q2dm3 remake, what other works are you talking about? Feel free to pop into the IRC channel to discuss this further. See page footer.