Poll

What platform would you run Quetoo on if it was on Steam?:

Won't work for me on vista.

March 08, 2009 - 19:24pm

when I start the game after it updates it loads a screen but its like all colored blocks like where text will be is like just colored rectangles?

Any Ideas?

March 10, 2009 - 08:42am

Moved to desktop and it Worked

March 10, 2009 - 00:47am

It could be a write permission issue. Vista is more picky about where users can write. My suggestion is to re-download the latest snapshot provided on the website, unzip it to a folder on your Desktop, and then run Update.bat and see if it works. That's how I've been running it on Win 7 and it works fine.

March 08, 2009 - 20:42pm

It's because you not updated quake 2 world.Run update.bat and wait before it download's all data.

March 08, 2009 - 23:27pm

What Dron said. You're missing game data. Re-run Update.bat.

March 09, 2009 - 08:50am

Ive re ran it about 5 times lol

March 09, 2009 - 16:17pm

Update.bat (really rsync.exe) used to be unstable on Windows. This was an up-stream problem (read: not our fault), but I'm fairly certain that maci compiled a proper rsync.exe which fixed, or at least improved, the stability issues. Can you confirm that you're running the latest snapshot? Re-download the quake2world-win32-snapshot.zip, and try again. Update.bat should take at least 5 minutes the first time you run it, as the game data weighs in at about 200MB these days.

March 09, 2009 - 21:00pm

it downt take 5 mins takes like 1 at most also i tried doing update bat many times and i d have to press enter at the end.... i dunno im lost lol

March 09, 2009 - 09:12am

Are You sure,what it downloaded all data???Update.bat must say in the end,what downloading is complete,and you must press enter.