Poll

What platform would you run Quetoo on if it was on Steam?:

hay

May 18, 2009 - 15:04pm

Hay
just wanted to say hello :)
I tested now quake2world and it's really cool.
The movement is well, the textures are awesome and the maps have a quite good gameplay.
I especially like what you've done graphically, deluxemapping looks really awesome.
My favourite looking maps are fractures and torn.
I guess this game will bring it to something if you plan to release more maps, a decent menu and funny gamemodes. :)
Maybe I will make a map for this game in the far future.

A suggestion: on aggressor, the teleporter at the bottom sucks, because you jump at the wall if you have a higher speed than walking.

A question: How have you made the sparks and the steam in the different maps? I guess the sparks are style lights and the steam is made with particlestudio? Please correct me if I'm wron, because I want to make some steam in my upcoming warsow map too :)

btw: When are guys playing this game? Never saw an server with a single guy?

Dunno if it's useful, but you can use my icicles texture instead of the ones you are using atm. They are free to use but you need permission to edit them.
http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wsw00471.jpg

May 18, 2009 - 17:56pm

Thanks for the feedback!

There are people working on a menu atm and we'll definitely release more maps, too.

The sparks and steam in the maps are created using our emit entity.

If you want to play, I suggest that you join our IRC channel, #quetoo on irc.freenode.net. The team and some other people hang out there and you'll find people who are up for a game most of the time.

Greetings,

spirit

May 19, 2009 - 14:19pm

emit entity sounds very nice, it feels like luxury :D
Will take a look at the channel in the near future

@Shadow: We'll see ;)

May 19, 2009 - 02:49am

Nice to see you here, now get to work and bring some q2w maps ;P.

May 19, 2009 - 22:34pm

nice to see you from the warsow forums :) i too play that game

i like the movement as well, it's different from warsows, but still induces some great gameplay. It'll be sweet seeing you make maps for us :)

cheers