Poll

What platform would you run Quetoo on if it was on Steam?:

Can't get aprq2 to 'make' on Mac OS

April 24, 2011 - 12:51pm

I have Quake2World up and running just fine but I'm running into an issue getting AprQ2 working. I've checked out the code and when I issue the make command I get this:

make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

Followed the steps twice but having the same issue. Not sure what I missed and unfortunately I'm not smart enough to know ;)

Any help would be appreciated -- thanks.

April 24, 2011 - 15:46pm

Are you running `make` from the trunk directory? Depending on how you checked out the source code, you might have grabbed the whole thing (trunk, tags and branches). Those directories are part of your typical Subversion repository structure and can optionally contain different versions of the code base. ANYway, you should generally only be interested in the folder called "trunk." That holds the mainline version of the code. Change to that directory and then run `make`. Hop on IRC if you have questions. Good luck!

April 24, 2011 - 20:21pm

Thanks, I got it working -- just can't find out how to get player models working now (?)

April 24, 2011 - 20:40pm

Nm, got that figured out -- up and running. Thanks for the work you've done on this...not sure how I didn't find it sooner. Now I can stop using bootcamp every-time I want to get my frag on!

May 02, 2011 - 16:58pm

Nice! Glad you're enjoying it. I only ported it to Mac a few weeks ago, btw. It's not like it's been out there for years or something ;)