Poll

What platform would you run Quetoo on if it was on Steam?:

Hi, im new and got some questions :)

June 13, 2012 - 10:56am

Hi, I just found this game while searching around for a good quake-like FPS for GNU. So I found this and some other ones. Havent tried this yet, but I'm installing it now. Is this a multiplayer game? Are there active and competive players playing it? Do you guys want some help with 2D art or video editing? What is the goal of the project?

Thanks, K__

June 17, 2012 - 07:38am

Hi K, and welcome.

Q2W is multiplayer-only; there are no bots or other single player obstacles. You can run around offline to see the maps, work on movement, etc. But if you want to actually play someone, you'll have to find an online game. Because we're only in beta, there's not a tremendous volume of people playing right now. So the best way to find a game is to hop onto the IRC channel and ask. We're in #quetoo on Freenode.

As for help with artwork, we could use almost everything from mappers to texture artists to modelers. If you click the "Trac" link to the left hand side of the page, you'll find a list of all of the open tickets (defects & enhancements) we have to tackle -- plus there's more.

The goals of the project are just to produce a fun game that's reminiscent of Quake2, paying tribute to it as much as possible without just copying things over directly. To make it look relatively sexy (somewhere between Q3 and Q4). And to keep it free (as in open source), where all of the code and artwork make it easy to distribute and modify the game.

Again, welcome, and I hope to see you on IRC :)