Poll

What platform would you run Quetoo on if it was on Steam?:

Helping suggestion.....

May 13, 2012 - 01:39am

I'm a noob to this game but not the genre, and I have to say that this game is a great idea, but needs to be noticed. How can this game get noticed? well the answer to that would be, to produce a i686 (x86/32bit) version of this to Linux, and have the game placed in one of the Linux software centers.

Anyways, I love the idea of a st8-up deathmatch game, it needs to be out-there so more people will play it. Btw, this genre is not quite dead yet, actually it may even come back to life as games such as "Quake live" have a huge population. keep up the good work devs!!

May 16, 2012 - 21:37pm

Hey bud,

Thanks for the kind words and the suggestions.

There are a couple limiting factors preventing us from appearing in many Linux distros:

1) Not all of our content is DSFG-compliant, because some of our contributors wanted to license their work under the zlib license or WTFPL (a decision I'm perfectly comfortable with).

2) Our frequent updates mean that by the time a distro got around to packaging us, the version they would ship would already be dated / incompatible with the latest and greatest.

But we should (and will) produce a 32 bit Linux binary. I'm workin on it :)

Feel free to pop by the IRC channel and say hello!

Jay